Building on the strength of the 80-year history of National Assistance League®.
Since 1989, Assistance League has been helping families on the Eastside of Lake Washington, a suburb of Seattle. We started as an auxiliary of Seattle and in 1997, became an independent chapter of National Assistance League. We are proud of our past accomplishments, yet our vision is to create a better future for everyone in our community.
over the years
- We have returned more than $4.9 million back to our community
- We have given confidence to more than 43,000 students by providing them with new school clothes
- We have created hope for more than 292 homeless women
- We have helped to restore dignity to more than 19,600 assault survivors across the State of Washington
- We have helped more than 5,500 individuals find the strength to begin a new life, free from domestic violence
Assistance League was founded in 1919 as Assistance League of Southern California, incorporating as National Assistance League® in 1935. Today, there are 120 chapters throughout the United States. Each chapter develops philanthropic programs to meet the needs of their local community.
Our chapter began in 1989 as an auxiliary of Assistance League of Seattle. In 1997, Assistance League of the Eastside became the 98th chapter of National Assistance League.
Our philanthropic programs have expanded and grown since 1997 to meet the growing needs of our community. Today our efforts focus on poverty, homelessness, assault, and domestic violence.